Our aim is to help strengthen the impact made by third sector enterprises by using and embedding performance improvement tools such as C3Perform. We have developed and tested the C3 toolkit by consulting and involving three key practioner stakeholder audiences:
- Third sector enterprises
- Buyers, investors and funders,
- Enterprise support agencies
We want public policy and economic strategy to realise the power of the social economy and the opportunities that third sector enterprises can provide: based on the practical platform that these three stakeholders to a strongly performing sector can provide – by sharing, learning and improving our practice:
The three key audiences
Third sector enterprises: We want to improve our performance in order to:
- Strengthen our competitiveness – a stronger focus on delivery helps to achieve our aims.
- Generate confidence, based on evidence, to help us meet opportunities and challenges (both internally and externally).
- Demonstrate our credibility with buyers, investors, potential partners, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
Buyers, investors and funders: we should encourage and expect a performance improvement approach because:
- It increases confidence that our supplier/partner organisations can deliver targets and shows that they have a focus on outcomes.
- It drives up the quality of proposals, providing us with a better information base for decision-making.
- It ensures our investment will count with partners demonstrating enhanced capacity to benefit from further investments.
Enterprise support community: as workers of all specialisms, we can encourage a performance improvement approach that underpins our work because success and growth of our clients:
- Stimulates demand for our business and organisational development support.
- Develops the demand for range and breadth of skills and support that we offer to the sector.
- Interventions with more-knowledgeable clients are more effective and will strengthen our future business relationships.