Funders & Supporters
C3 is supported by:
Equal, a European Social Fund programme aimed at testing and encouraging new ways of promoting employability, entrepreneurship, adaptability and equal opportunities. C3 is part-financed by the Equal programme. www.equal.ecotec.co.uk
Bristol City Council is the lead partner of C3, and through this project aims to develop the programme set up by the Social Economy Bristol Development Project (SEBDP).
- The development of Bristol’s social economy is a key regeneration target identified in the local performance plan ‘Serving Bristol Better’; the Community Strategy under ‘Building a Thriving Economy’ (action 17), and the Regeneration Division work plan
- The support of the social economy sector is a important part of the Bristol City Council’s Regeneration Division’s Voluntary and Community Sector Investment Strategy (2005-2010).
- Social Economy Development is referenced within 4 of the priority themes in the developing Economic Strategy for Bristol. Specifically those around:
- Business investment & growth
- Positive Economy Innovation & Creativity
- Economic Inclusion & Neighbourhood Renewal
The Government Office for the South West is supporting the regional ChangeUp programme. The programme aims to meet the needs of frontline voluntary and community sector organisations in terms of infrastructure support for maximum efficiency, excellent provision, and diversity. This programme supports C3 in helping social economy organisations to improve their performance and maintain quality standards.
The South West Regional Development Agency is supporting the Rural Renaissance Initiative. The initiative has been designed to help rural communities influence and respond to the changing pressures facing the rural economy. One of the themes supported by the initiative is ‘social enterprise’. The initiative will support C3 in providing a consistent support for social enterprises in both rural and urban areas of the West of England, to ensure the best possible service for clients.