C3Perform self-assessment tools deliver the information your organisation needs to develop an effective Action Plan. Action planning is essential to help you prioritise the areas for improvement identified during self-assessment, and agree how to implement the work with specified tasks.
Action planning will help you identify and agree:
- What actions will be taken forward for each area for improvement
- Who will be responsible for each action
- When it will be completed
- What other Resources may be necessary to make this happen.
The action planning process requires 2 to 4 hours and can involve larger groups. Participants that have contributed to your self-assessment process should be invited to take part in subsequent action planning.
A selection of tools to help with action planning are available to download here.
C3Perform tools help you embark on a continuous process of performance improvement so be realistic about what you can achieve this year and what can wait until next time – see helpful TIPs in the box below.
TIPS FOR ACTION PLANNING
• Specific actions should be turned into practical tasks that are allocated to members of the performance improvement team.
• Aim to produce an Action Plan that is both realistic and achievable. Be realistic about how long it takes to implement actions and spread them out over a 12 month period.
• Remember that C3Perform helps you to embark on a continuous process of performance improvement - so be realistic about what you can achieve this year and what can wait until next time.
• Prioritise all the actions for improvement identified in the plan.
• Action planning offers a framework to help shape tasks into bite size chunks.
• The Performance Improvement Champion should take ownership of the final Action Plan and lead work on its implementation.